Sunday 15 June 2014

HUMANS AND HUMANITY


Hey there, back with a brand new post today. Although I am a day late in posting this, but what I am going to tell is still fresh in my mind. Today’s post is not about fearing on what people will think, or whether I think college friends are better than school friends or not, rather today I am telling you about an incident which just brought out feelings I have had for a long time now.

What happened was, I was travelling on a bus yesterday, when suddenly I saw a black-clothed man trying to get up on the bus. He was just a travelling mendicant, more like a beggar, it seemed to me. I really didn’t know what exactly happened, but the thing that I saw was that the conductor just kicked the beggar on his chest and threw him out of the bus. The helpless man was thrown harshly and I saw that he had just 2 ten-rupee notes which scattered on the ground and he was desperately trying to pick them and get up at the same time. It pained me terribly and  I sat thinking about all the heinousness we have been seeing throughout the world. Though this incident could hardly be termed  as heinous, at the same time it shows how lacking in compassion we have become. Wasn’t compassion supposed to be a quality essential to human beings? We, as a species, are becoming baser than animals. Sometimes, it seems, animals surpass us in this quality. I guess I would not have given this incident much thought had the poor man retaliated to the injustice done to him. But there he was, standing on the road, with hundreds of people witnessing this utterly humiliating situation, and he could do nothing. That was the part where it hurt me the most. HE COULD DO NOTHING TO HELP HIMSELF.

I am strong believer of karma. I very truly believe that what you do to others, comes back at you. But, just for a moment, if I discard this belief, and look at this situation, I realise:- We call ourselves a civilization. But are we civilized enough to be termed as such?????

Lots of Love,

AngelN89

No comments:

Post a Comment