Sunday 8 June 2014

MY ACCESSIBLE CITY…..:)



I love online shopping, I really do. But, yet another online shopping site tells me that it cannot deliver a particular item because supposedly, I stay at a remote location. A few days ago, I was charged an extra 100 bucks just because the place where I stay was touted as a remote place. For god sake, I live in Guwahati!!!!!....It is very conveniently connected via railways, buses, as well as flights. It is called the Gateway of North Eastern India. And yet, when I shop, I sometimes have to shell out extra bucks or sometimes I get to see the “Item cannot be delivered” button.

Not only this, you won’t believe, but I was actually asked this question, “Do even common people in your state carry explosives everywhere they go?” Imagine!!!!!!!!....FLABBERGASTED would be an extremely mild term to express what I felt when I first heard that question!!!!...I don’t exactly remember who asked me this, but in that moment I knew I was talking to probably the stupidest person in the whole world.

Anyways, leaving this anecdote behind, all I want to say to those reading this is that I live in a completely normal location. My city Guwahati boasts of a lot of spiritual places and is a very beautiful place to live. Of course, if you doubt my word, you always have Wikipedia for your reference. And yes, it is as safe as any other place in India. Plus, WE HAVE GOOD CONNECTIVITY!!!!!!!!!!....So if any person who is a part of an online shopping portal that counts my city as a remote place, and charges extra for delivery, reading this, I hope you will find your opinion changed. You see, an extra 50 or 100 bucks doesn’t hurt that much, but the feeling of being left out like this sure does.

Lots of Love,


AngelN89

No comments:

Post a Comment